WELCOME TO SPORTSCAR SUPPLIES BLOG PAGES

WELCOME TO SPORTSCAR SUPPLIES BLOG PAGES
NORWAY MG CAR CLUB VISIT

Saturday, May 7, 2011

REQUEST FOR HELP .

A personal request from Andy Haw :

On Saturday 25th June I am attempting the Northern Rock Cyclone Challenge - a 104 mile cycle race around Northumberland . Its a challenging course with around 8000 ft of accent ! My friend Nick Barrett & I have been training for this for a while - I should have known something was amiss when I was given a yellow cycling shirt and a book "Cycling for the over 50 's " for my big birthday at the end of last year !

My chosen charity to raise funds for this event is the Prostate Cancer Charity . If you’re a bloke and over 45 you really do need to be aware of the dangers of this disease. In the UK Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men. 36,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer every year. One man dies every hour of prostate cancer. The Prostate Cancer Charity is the UK’s leading charity working with people affected by prostate cancer.

As most of my friends fall into this at risk category can I ask that you take a look a their website and be aware of the warning signs. Please donate as much as you possibly can via my Justgiving link. Prostate Cancer funding is still very much the Cinderella of the cancer Charity donations world !

Unless I passout / fall off/ or loose my chain I promise to get across the finishing line in June :]

Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer. So it’s the most efficient way to donate - I raise more, whilst saving time and cutting costs for the charity.

So please dig deep and donate now. To donate just go to the Justgiving link www.justgiving.com/a-haw If you prefer to pay offline then please make a cheque payable to “ The Prostate Cancer Charity” and drop it in at the SCS shop / RAFA club etc marked for my attention .

Very best Regards and a big thank you in anticipation of your generous support .

Andy Haw

No comments:

Post a Comment